AODD pumps are air (or natural gas) operated displacement type pumps which uniquely differ from all other positive displacement pumps. As a result of air pressure acting on the entire surface of the diaphragm, the diaphragm is in a balanced condition while pumping. This measurably extends diaphragm life over that of mechanically operated diaphragm pumps. Because compressed air is limited, the maximum pressure developed by the pump is also safely limited. Thus, AODD pumps are appropriately selected for on-demand intermittent requirements.
HDF Pumps are recommended for abrasive slurries, suspended and non-suspended solids and line-size solids. All SANDPIPER® Heavy Duty Flap Pumps are configured with bottom discharge porting to prevent settling solids from shortening pump life and provide superior suction lift. Most HDF pumps are thick wall constructed of Sand Casted Aluminum, Cast Iron or Stainless Steel with elastomer and TPE (thermal plastic elastomer) diaphragms and check valves. See Individual pump descriptions for more detail.
Containment Duty Metallic and Non-Metallic Pumps are ideal for highly corrosive and hazardous chemical fluid requirements. All containment duty pumps are exclusively designed with containment chambers, hydraulically balanced/coupled pumping diaphragm and driver diaphragm assemblies. All containment chambers are designed to accommodate visual, mechanical and low voltage leak detection devices. CD pumps are constructed of Aluminum, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, Alloy C, Polypropylene and PVDF with TPE (thermal plastic elastomers), PTFE options in diaphragms and check valves.
Air-Powered Single Diaphragm High Pressure Metallic Pumps deliver discharge pressure twice the inlet pressure, up to 250 PSI (17.2 BAR). Designed for filter press feed and applications requiring higher discharge pressures. Available in Aluminum, Cast Iron and Stainless Steel with various elastomer options.
The Blagdon N25 and N50 High Pressure Pumps provide enhanced power in applications where pressure is paramount and flow rate is an issue. Using two air chambers to double the air per stroke, these pumps achieve discharge pressure up to 238 PSI (16 Bar) with flow rates as high as 30 gallons per minute for N25 and as high as 90 GPM (341 LPM) with N50.
Non-Clog Wastewater Pumps are fitted with swing check valves and easy access clean-outs. The pumps are designed specifically for slurry and solids-laden materials. Flap valves allow passage of suspended, pipe-size solids and stringy material. Constructed of cast iron and durable epoxy coating inside and out. These SANDPlPER® pumps are designed specifically for the processing of municipal and industrial wastewater. Its solids handling capability and special features make it the ideal choice for safe, sealless pumping of waste materials. The W09 model designation indicates a wastewater unit (W) which pumps roughly 9000 gallons of water per hour(09). The W09-2 has 2" flange connections. And the W09-3 features 3" flange connections.
- Designed to easily pump abrasive, viscous slurries
- Swing-type check valves handle spherical solids to 2"
- Easy-access check valve clean-outs
- In-line serviceable wet end. ESADS+Plus: Externally Serviceable Air Distribution System
- Top suction - bottom discharge porting
When durability and reliability are paramount in the rigorous environments of today’s mines and construction sites, our mining and construction pumps are a great solution. With more ways than one, these pumps are designed to be tossed, dragged and crammed into position to get the fluids you need removed in a hurry. Some of the most attractive features of these pumps are:
- Ease of Use: Superior on-off-on reliability and easy to move with built in handles
- Base Mounting Options: Skid mount, roll cage, and strainer bases available
- Performance: High flow and solids size options available
Natural Gas Operated Pumps are CSA* (Canadian Standards Association) certified to ANSI LC6 standard for operation using sweet or sour natural gas. The pumps are also compliant with NACE Standard MR0175/ISO15156. The gas pump utilizes Aluminum or 316 Stainless Steel wetted construction with Nitrile or FKM or Virgin PTFE diaphragms and check valves. The gas valve is constructed of Aluminum with Nitrile or FKM (fluorocarbon) elastomers. Pumps are fully ground able, preventing static discharge.
Our Premium USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) Material Compliant Pumps are ideally suited for the ultimate in leak protection and clean pumping with the paired performance of AODD technology. Whether in a clean-in-place or clean-out-of-place application, these pumps will exceed the need for reliability and cleanability. Some of their most exceptional features include:
- Leak Detection: Pair with Electronic Leak Detection LEARN MORE ON PAGE 63
- Materials Of Construction: Electropolished 316 and 302/304 Stainless Steel Components
- Porting Options: Rotatable manifolds
The PortaPump® Submersible, Battery-Powered Pump operates using any 12-volt car or truck battery. It comes equipped with cables and battery clips. Extremely portable, the pump weighs only 33 pounds (15 kg) and can fit through openings as small as 10" (25cm). Electrically safe and whisper quiet.
The SludgeMaster™ Submersible, Air-Powered Trash Pump handles mud, leaves, twigs, sand, sludge, trash-laden water and soft solids to 1 1/2" (3.8cm). High capacity, low head. The pump weighs only 59 pounds (26kg), and can fit through an opening as small as 14" (35cm). Sturdy construction for rough handling and long life. Optional rock screen available.
The AirVantage Difference
AirVantage is a new technology for Air Operated Double Diaphragm pumps that significantly reduces air consumption over conventional AODD pumps.
Benefits of AirVantage
- Reduces Air Consumption: Field testing shows up to 50% savings over conventional AODD pumps. AirVantage Technology is available with Sandpiper® metallic pumps with discharge line sizes of 2 or greater. Sandpiper center section upgrade kits are also available.
- Adapts to Process Conditions: Using an advanced learning program that receives velocity feedback from an embedded sensor, AirVantage optimizes energy consumption and automatically adapts to changes in system demand, constantly managing energy consumption.
- Powered Only by Compressed Air: AirVantage uses a self-contained 12V power generator that converts a tiny portion of compressed air to power system electronics for managing energy.
- Saves Energy while Maintaining Flow: Field trials have proven that AirVantage can maintain comparable flow capacity while reducing air consumption saving thousands of dollars in annual energy costs.
- Increases Productivity: By using less air to operate pumps, AirVantage allows for more compressed air capacity system-wide to run more pumps generating greater productivity and better throughput.
- Reduces Compressor Maintenance: Air compressors with reduced demand need fewer repairs, saving customers thousands of dollars in maintenance and repair parts.
Custom Engineered Systems
No matter the circumstances we provide custom engineered solutions that maximize the productivity of all processes. Some examples of our custom systems include:
- Skid systems
- High pressure, filter press feed systems
- Mobile skid systems
- Custom environmental protection packaging
- Heat jacket systems
- Nuclear industry waster handling and pump flushing systems